Baxen

Wildy News announcements

I understand the risk of doing wilderness bossing or other activities and being killed by another player. But the drop announcement for wild activities is not very nice. when doing slayer and you get a rare drop pkers are alerted and they can immediately teleport to you. When deep in wild there is not much of a chance to escape from this given the pkers are usually standing in high quality gear waiting for something like this to happen. Often this spot is then too dangerous to go back to for a period of time. Thus ending up in a failed slayer mission.

I Thinking getting rid of news announcements for wild activities. of course this would include all bossing activities such as rouges chest. it would not get rid of the danger being in the wild it would just make the pkers actually have to look for people and not get notified where they are.

The wilderness is highly rewarding therefore it comes with the risks, the broadcast system is one of these system to keep the stakes high.
If the broadcast system were to be removed the droprate of the items and the overall benefits of wildy, Slayer, bossing and such would need to be also lowered.

Removing announced drops is stupid, if you don’t know how to get your shit and get out then I suggest you figure out your escape plan before doing what you are doing currently.

there’s plenty of ways to get out no matter where you are.