Crack Power

Rogues Castle Doors and Staircase

Suggestion: Make the doors and staircase at rogues castle work. 

Ultimately, the area near Chaos Elemental was created by RS developers who put in place escape routes to create balance in the wilderness. With spell book swap, pker's get the advantage of teleblock and ice barrage, making the portal completely useless. I propose adding a single escape, one that currently exists, but doesn't work: the doors and staircase at rogues castle. I could be wrong, but the door's and staircase not working was probably an oversight, rather than an intentional mechanic.

Edited by Crack Power

4 hours ago, Crack Power said:

Suggestion: Make the doors and staircase at rogues castle work. 

Ultimately, the area near Chaos Elemental was created by RS developers who put in place escape routes to create balance in the wilderness. With spell book swap, pker's get the advantage of teleblock and ice barrage, making the portal completely useless. I propose adding a single escape, one that currently exists, but doesn't work: the doors and staircase at rogues castle. I could be wrong, but the door's and staircase not working was probably an oversight, rather than an intentional mechanic.

+1.

IMO, there are things simply left undone or maybe things that were not deemed important enough to work on. Not being able to open most doors in game and staircases not working are a couple of the things you might notice. I think it would be great to clean all of this up to give runex a smoother feel. Its unappealing to play and click something to realize it doesn't work. 

"Not being able to open most doors in game and staircases not working are a couple of the things you might notice."

This man pointing out the staircases and doors, what about the massive random invisible walls that don't let you run around the map xD

+ 1 for adding in the functionality of the castle with some high level rogues to kill, as well as some that allow for pickpocketing, perhaps around level 90 thieving requirement. 

Though we will likely see a similar mechanic to the lava maze ladder, where you can't just climb up and down constantly to get a log out, instead after a few repeated climbs, you'll have a short cooldown.

On 11/10/2020 at 2:18 AM, Iron Logic said:

Though we will likely see a similar mechanic to the lava maze ladder, where you can't just climb up and down constantly to get a log out, instead after a few repeated climbs, you'll have a short cooldown.

Lava maze ladder is really weird, i've had people log out and me instantly after going up the ladder without no '10 secs out of combat logout timer'