James

Nightmare Wars - Event discussion

8alBFGr.jpg

Hey everyone!

It's that time again when an event is going to be made for everyone to come and hopefully enjoy - Please note that this is a draft and changes could happen to this before an event ETA is given.

What is Nightmare Wars you might ask? I'll explain everything about it below:

Nightmare Wars is going to be a little community hosted mini-game that revolves around our newest implemented boss, Nightmare. There will be a set amount of time to try to get as many kills and drops as they can from the Nightmare.

Nightmare wars is going to consist of 3-6 teams of 5 people. Each team will have a team leader who will be the main tank for that group. The rest of the team will consist of players that want to kill the nightmare and want to get involved in the event.

Why is it a war?

Each team will be pitted against each other to try to retrieve as many kills and drops as they can from the nightmare whilst the timer is running. When the timer stops, the war will be over and we will the determine who the winners are.

How will you create the teams?

The team captains will be chosen before anything else, after this; The teams will be made completely at random using a random team picker.

How will you determine the winners?

The winners will be determined by the amount of kills and drops a team gets. Certain drops will be worth more points than others.

Kills = 1 points
Crest Piece/Imbuing stone = 2 points
Any inquisitor piece = 4 points
Nightmare Staff = 5 points
Sirens tome = 10 points
Any orb = 10 points
Nightmare Pet = 15 points.

Some might say that this mini-game will lean heavily on RNG, as it possibly could - however when a team is selected they cannot move teams, if the team takes a break or other things, that will be valuable time lost/wasted.

If there is winners, is there prizes?

The answer to that question is YES.

The winners of the event will receive a $30 bond per player in that team.

I'll be open to ideas to build into this event as I've not set an ETA for the event to go live, but it's an idea that I've thought about and would like the communities feedback to make it even better.

I'm hoping that we can pull together and make these events great.

Thanks everyone

• Like 1

Sounds like a very fun event, hopefully I can join in.
also side note hopefully I get in team with Romp that Golden lucky feather in his ass gonna grant us 30$ !

maybe lessen the weight of drops for points so that the kills per team matter much more.... one team could get super lucky and just blow up everyone else.... but at the same time every team has the same chance so who knows just my 2 cents :) sounds fun hope i can attend

33 minutes ago, Hayboo said:

maybe lessen the weight of drops for points so that the kills per team matter much more.... one team could get super lucky and just blow up everyone else.... but at the same time every team has the same chance so who knows just my 2 cents :) sounds fun hope i can attend

if it goes solely off of kills, then gg Romp's team. atleast if  a not as experienced/good geared team gets a drop, they have a fighting chance against top tier teams.

Sounds fun! I'd definitely like it to be on a Sunday if possible, as that's one of my off days xD Also how would you decide who to pick for captains? Do we just all opt in to the event and then you select out of the pile who would be captains and then go from there?

15 hours ago, Branetar said:

if it goes solely off of kills, then gg Romp's team. atleast if  a not as experienced/good geared team gets a drop, they have a fighting chance against top tier teams.

The teams are going to be random - so no premades, same chance for everyone :)