Sign in to follow this  
MGI Raimon

Small vyrewatch expansion suggestion

Vyrelord Boss

It seems like vyrewatches are just generally unpopulair on RuneX. I would like to see that changed.
There's an extremely low demand for an amulet that can heal, the kills/h are extreme low, they hit hard and you heal little due to the weapon you can use there.

That's why I wanted to make a suggestion to potentially expand upon the existing content we have.
The main idea here would be adding a new semi-boss, something like the "Vampyre Overlord"

In order to fight this boss you must acquire a key drop from regular vyrewatches. Depending on which combat level of vyre you kill, the drop rate becomes different (higher level ones drop them more often).
Each key allows you to fight the boss once. Luck tokens of any kind are usable inside of here as well. This boss will have 1500 HP, attacks with magic, range and melee, and while it can be blocked with prayer, rather than removing all the damage it only blocks 90% on correct prayers. His max hit would be roughly a 30.
Vyrelord - OSRS Wiki

Since this would be a pretty tough boss, both in gaining access to fight it, but also the actual fight itself, rewards are due.

The boss would drop a wide variety of reasonable goodies for almost every player. From 1-2 sacred tokens, coins, sack of riches, blood shards and perhaps some other discussable things such as grand crest pieces. 
However, the most important part would be the 2 new unique drops that it can give.

1. Blisterwood Log.
This item can be used with 10 ivandis flails to create a Blisterwood Flail. This requires 90 crafting and a chisel in your inventory. 
This weapon will be a stronger variant of the ivandis flail. It gains a significant stat increase and also becomes 1handed usage. In comparison to almost any other weapon in the game, it'll still be relatively irrelevant. However, it becomes the new BIS to kill both vyrewatches and this boss itself (it could also perhaps gain an extra effect of dealing bonus damage on undead or something of the sorts).
2. Eternal blood shard.
One of the biggest draw backs heard from the community is that they don't want to invest time or effort into gaining an amulet that simply degrades after being used too much. On top of that the stats of the amulet itself are by no means BIS when compared to the amulet of zealots, sanguinesti pendants or even a torture.
This shard can be combined with 3 blood shards and a fury to create an "eternal blood fury". The amulet itself gains a few more accuraccy stats and a tiny bit of strength, but most importantly it will no longer degrade when used. 

The blisterwood log would be roughly 1/250 and the shard would be around 1/500. This makes them pretty grindy to acquire, yet very worth it at the same. As long as the boss gains a few okay drops inbetween to make it worth the grind for keys I believe this would be a very nice addition to the game, bringing more relevance to the vyrewatches as a whole!

Let me know what you guys think down below I'd love to hear some feedback :)

P.S. gaining vampyres as a slayer task would be a nice + as well.

Edited by MGI Raimon
  • Like 5

Yeah, if the boss isn't added I would like to see a Vyres slayer task added (Potentially under Hard or even as a Brimstone task).

Degrading to nothing is very demotivating, potentially adding repair to the existing blood amulet for vials of blood, or blood runes and gp would be suitable as well.

This is a good suggestion though. +1

I got off and had a thought that you could add negative % damage to the amulet to compensate for the extra sustainability.

Edited by Novice
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, MGI Raimon said:

Vyrelord Boss

+1 for general idea of adding in a boss

In order to fight this boss you must acquire a key drop from regular vyrewatches

sounds about right

The boss would drop a wide variety of reasonable goodies for almost every player.

From 1-2 sacred tokens, coins, sack of riches, blood shards

I'd like to see some unique loots on a new boss rather than going for sacreds/riches which is the drop table for grand titan (he also gives crest pieces). I've wanted to see something that has elixir packs and  sack of tokens on the rare/uncommon table for ages. This tier of reward seems fitting on a boss that will be difficult to access and hard to kill. 

1. Blisterwood Log.

+1, although idk about it being made 1h.

2. Eternal blood shard.

-1. I think the player should have to consistently farm shards. Maybe the grind can be made easier to obtain shards by lowering the drop rates or other methods. 

gaining vampyres as a slayer task would be a nice + as well.

+1. Would make farming shards a bit easier.

1 minute ago, tranquil said:

I'd like to see some unique loots on a new boss rather than going for sacreds/riches which is the drop table for grand titan (he also gives crest pieces). I've wanted to see something that has elixir packs and  sack of tokens on the rare/uncommon table for ages. This tier of reward seems fitting on a boss that will be difficult to access and hard to kill. 

I simply named the first things that popped up in my mind. Definitely doesn't have to be the same as sacred titan. Although I do feel like GCP's would be a nice extra considering how extremely niche they are nowadays. Definitely openable for discussion on these loots, it just has to be rewarding in one way or another besides the unique drops as well.

2 minutes ago, tranquil said:

+1, although idk about it being made 1h.

"The blisterwood flail is a one-handed melee weapon created during the Sins of the Father quest by combining a Blisterwood sickle with the Ivandis flail."
As quoted by the OSRS wiki. Simply what I based it off.

4 minutes ago, tranquil said:

-1. I think the player should have to consistently farm shards. Maybe the grind can be made easier to obtain shards by lowering the drop rates or other methods. 

Understandable. 
Instead perhaps the Eternal blood fury can hold up to 100.000 charges instead, and blood shards restore this by 20k each (rather than only 10k when used to create a new blood fury).
That way it'd still be a big enough upgrade to be worth grinding. I also feel like the average player would have gotten over 10 shards by the time they'd finally get an eternal one as well.
It should either need minimal amount of shards to keep being recharged - or require a ton of shards to make and simply be never ending. I just feel like it's already a bit irrelevant due to the charges making players think about "whether it's worth using here or not". We already have a lot of other strong ass amulets and this one has to be worth the time invested to gain it.

Overall i love the idea of the vyre boss. +1 on that.

But making a vyre flail that's 1h would just make it stupidafk because of divine, so dunno about that.

36 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Overall i love the idea of the vyre boss. +1 on that.

But making a vyre flail that's 1h would just make it stupidafk because of divine, so dunno about that.

It's a potential concern. As it is you can already afk it in full justiciar basically. Plus the prayer drain from divine would still not make it "truly afk" in essence most likely.

+1 on all accounts, I do not see many issues arising from any of these drops/features. If the eternal blood fury is a concern then like Raimon said make it a item than can be charged

• Like 1