Iron Logic

Wilderness Revamp

Wilderness Revamp

The wilderness has a big issue, there just isn't much content, and especially not much content that feels worth doing given all the nerfs made to the wilderness over the years. 

Another big issue is that almost every wilderness activity either has a teleport directly to it, or directly to the only exit. This makes doing wilderness bossing, pvm and skilling quite dangerous because a pker can just teleport to you in an instant and can check most popular spots very quickly. This high risk added to the forever diminishing rewards of the wilderness is slowly killing it, and I can point out a lot of places that are completely dead, such as lava giants.

My suggestion is to add a lot more content to the wilderness, new bosses, new pvm areas, new skilling locations and even some new NPCs. To keep this somewhat neat, I will be posting pictures of specific wilderness areas and explain what I'd want to see added their and why.

Disclaimer: In this suggestion I will suggest the addition of multiple NPCs that most players wouldn't go out of their way to kill. These NPCs wouldn't be like OSRS, instead, they will drop blood money, as well as each having some kind of rarer wilderness only drop, such as cursed caskets, higher amounts of blood money etc. 

Wilderness Chests
A few of these locations include chests, and I will also mention lockpicks a few times in this suggestion. I'd love to see these chests come into use, as buffed rogues chests that require a lockpick to open and have a 15 minute cooldown. 
The lockpicks have a pretty high chance to fail, thus breaking and damaging the player as well as placing a 15 second logout timer on them. 
The loot would be mostly rogues chest loot, giving players multiple rolls, but could also include the rogues patch as well as a reinforced lockpick, which doesn't break (Can still fail and damage you) and is dropped on death. 

SzVAVhg.png

South west of the mage arena. 
Add Rogues that can be pick-pocketed around level 30 thieving for medium amount of coins and a chance for lockpicks. 

gAvzmbT.png

Wilderness Lever.
Add the wilderness lever that can be used from edgeville.

0mzRoZ7.png

Magic Axe Hut.
Add high level magic axes that can be assigned as a wilderness slayer task. They will be aggressive, but a single target area. 

GoMKXXF.png

Scorpia Cave.
Add Scorpia as an entry level boss, drops would reflect the difficulty of the boss.
Also add medium level venomous scorpions that guard the entrance, can be assigned as a wilderness slayer task, will uncommonly drop a venom gland that can be used to make super extended anti-venoms at 98 herblore.

M1Fmm3W.png

Rogues Castle.
Populate the castle with rogues, ranging from lower level to really high levels (150+). The lower level rogues can be pickpocketed as already stated, and the higher level ones will also be pickpocketable, at a higher level, 93. These higher level rogues will have a very rare drop of 'Rogues Patch', which can be used to upgrade the rogues skilling outfit so that the effect also  works on chests. 

H3dKEnO.png

Wildernes Agility.

Remove this portal, it has long since lost it's purpose and makes escaping far too easy. We have mage arena, obelisks and the proposed wilderness lever. It also makes the high end larrens chest too easy to escape from.

vFj0Yls.png

Wilderness Dungeon.
Add this dungeon with various new wilderness slayer NPCs. We could add some easier things like Hill giants and Fire giants, as well as some more difficult/high level slayer NPCs, such as dark beasts.

TZXFXr3.png

Random empty area east wilderness.
Add Green dragons and have this area as multi-combat. Have these dragons pretty close together to allow for a riskier, but faster way to do green dragon daily/slayer tasks.

dNZ3odu.png

Demonic Ruins.
Add Black demons that can be obtained as a wilderness slayer task.

LsGKdIp.png

Area north of black chins.
Add some Moss giants that can be obtained as a slayer task.

Gcc7Hdu.png

Lava dragon isle.
Add Brutal Black Dragons that can be obtained as a slayer task, this can be a good alternative for the sometimes overcrowded brutal black dragons.

aPjtoO9.png

Fountain of Rune.
Add the Fountain and the chance to get an eternal glory, which can allow you to teleport from level 35 wilderness. We can also add the ability to enchant noted jewellery, this would be an extremely risky, but also dangerous way to make money. 

pm6jSJg.png

Pirates Hut.
Add the pirates around 80-120 combat. These would be non-aggressive, these can not be assigned as a slayer task, but will drop lockpicks semi-rarely. 

GAuP49k.png

Wilderness Volcano.
Add some higher level fishing locations such as manta ray and sea turtles, these raw fish can also be cooked at the bridge of the volcano and can also be noted at a nearby NPC for a small GP fee. The experience would need to be fairly high to offset the distance required to walk between fishing and cooking. The NPC can also note raw fish, in the case that you need raw matna/sea turtles for an urn.

rGFLsHb.png

Graveyard.
Add some medium level skeletons and zombies that can be assigned as a slayer task, these would be aggressive and a single target location. 

uXaIxqM.png

Dark Warriors Fortress.
Add various Dark warriors that can be assigned as a slayer task, as well as a trio of Elite Black Knights that can be fought only while on a Dark warrior slayer task. These Elite Black Knights would fight you at the same time, and have a special ability to knock your protection prayers off. These would rarely drop the unique armour set, 'Elite Black Armour' which looks really awesome and could provide a wilderness only strength bonus similar to dagon hai. 

1N8H9Wv.png

Bandit Camp.
Add bandits that are aggressive to you unless you have a skull, these would be high level (140+) and can be assigned as a slayer task and will swarm you without a skull. 
We should also add lower level fishing spots, as well as a range, shrimp, rainbow fish, lobsters etc. 

cbDuZO9.png

Graveyard North of Ankous.
Add the crazy archaeologist as an entry level boss, add here since the normal spawn area is covered in ankous. 

LiTTtqa.png

Chaos Altar.
Add this the exact same way as OSRS, with the unnoting NPC

yhSmqzf.png

Frozen Wasteland.
Add ice giants and warriors as a slayer task.

e3ElK2g.png

Chaos Fanatic.
Add chaos fanatic as an entry level boss.

A few little issues to fix.

ZWxijOJ.png

qHhA53d.png

eUgRmQr.png

• Like 3

Definitely agree with these, it's weird running around the wildy killing people and summer elementals with just huge gaps of nothingness everywhere.

I'd also like to suggest adding a small fishing area here.
RqwC137.png

As for the Eternal Glory, it definitely shouldn't allow you to teleport out of the wilderness at a higher level than comp/max cape. I'd say either make it even with them at 30 wilderness or make it 25 wilderness. Especially since the normal glory doesn't allow you to teleport before 20 wilderness

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RogueMX said:

I'd also like to suggest adding a small fishing area here.

I agree with this, perhaps something unique, like swamp eels, since the bandit camp is already proposed as a low level fishing/cooking spot.

3 hours ago, RogueMX said:

As for the Eternal Glory, it definitely shouldn't allow you to teleport out of the wilderness at a higher level than comp/max cape. I'd say either make it even with them at 30 wilderness or make it 25 wilderness. Especially since the normal glory doesn't allow you to teleport before 20 wilderness

The issue is that an eternal glory wouldn't have a use, even if it teleported you from 30 wilderness, a teleport tab is faster to use and so much easier to obtain/0 risk. 

We could probably rub our skulls together to come up with a more useful effect.

Great suggestions, very packed. 

Some npcs are maybe too much...

But overall very detailed and nice.

We definitely need more green dragons, the little expansions like magic axes and black knights sound fun too.

+1

+1 I hate the wildy but more good content is never a downside :D would love to see some more on the skilling side in wildy though :( gimme a mining version of lava eels thats afk pls

Amazing post bro. +1
I feel like a few things here and there could be more flashed out.

Like the ::easts green dragons could be replaced with brutal green dragons (that count towards a green dragon task as an alternative option) with more hp, damage and better loots (such as lockpicks to tie in to the post).
Other than that I'd love to see this. 

Also since you mentioned scorpia, i think some love for crazy arch and chaos fanatic is deserved as well :D

I like all of this, but I have 1 recommendation for Eternal Glory. I don't agree with it being capped at 35 wilderness. I think if it's extremely rare to get it should teleport at any level of wilderness, but with charges. Recharging it of course would require you to bring Blood Money to the Fountain of Rune and each charge would be, 50K bm? That's about 600M per teleport. You must charge it fully for it to work and it would hold a max of (6) charges, so realistically a player would need to bring 300K Blood Money to the Fountain to charge it fully. This would be extremely risky for anyone. Once an Eternal Glory is obtained from Fountain of Rune there will be a global announcement, the Eternal Glory will have 0 charges so you can not make a quick escape with it.

If you die with the Eternal Glory all existing charges will be dropped as Blood Money. 

• If a player died with 5 charges left = 250K blood money loot.
  • A charged Eternal Glory will also break & disappear on death.
  • An Eternal Glory with 0 charges will not function at all, can be traded, will be dropped on death, etc.

If you add this the way you've presented it I honestly think it would become dead content. No one really cares to spend time trying to obtain something with minimal benefits.

Edited by Java

On 8/23/2020 at 12:21 AM, Java said:

If you die with the Eternal Glory all existing charges will be dropped as Blood Money. 

• If a player died with 5 charges left = 250K blood money loot.
  • A charged Eternal Glory will also break & disappear on death.
  • An Eternal Glory with 0 charges will not function at all, can be traded, will be dropped on death, etc.

I really like this as it gives HCIMs a more reasonable way to do wilderness content while being a little more safe. Though not without the initial risk of obtaining the amulet and at a very high cost to upkeep, so you really only want to use it when you need to.

I think using the teleport should drop 50% of the blood money (25k) on the ground that you can't loot, but other players can see it. This is mainly to allow pkers to still get loot.

With the new loot chest u can thief. Make it spawn randomly, the one who opens the chest gets a 5 min TB + unable to logout for 5 min.

if som1 wants to hunt them, they can operate the blood orb to get closer to the person who looted it, like a hot&cold hide and seek

• Like 1

I like most of this even though I don't do much wildy stuff. I would like to see Brawlers as they add alot of need to go into the wilderness.

Love this suggestion, would definitely liven up wilderness without making it OP for making money, great work!

+100000