Rolla

Current Issues / solution with Runex

So I'd like to start off by saying I understand I haven't been back for too long so I might not have a full view / grasp of the situation however I've talked to a lot of veteran players and see some major flaws.

#1 Afkscape

So clearly upper staff does not want people afking all day as the most current issue of the sponsor zone mining. Which I can totally agree with, the xp was decent and the gp/h was almost unbeatable. But if you don't want your $2500 donors afking all day why do we still have boss portal rooms where I can sit in max gear and soulsplit never dying with a grand looting bag. This is being abused to the point of people having teamviewer up and having friends check in (on different time zones) effectively having someone in a boss portal room 24/7.

My solution is actually a two part solution, number one being remove account sharing. This shouldn't be in any game and is very mind blowing that its freely allowed to the point of the #1 GIM team having a rotating crew so they effectively never log off. What is the appeal to make a competitive group when not everyone can drop tons of money #1 and #2 can't get a rotating team. I don't see how account sharing is less devastating to the game then lets say auto clicking. Needs to be removed, how many primes are actually high on the list who haven't account shared some of that xp?

The second part to that solution would be to time cap portals, lets say 1 hour before you have to re-enter, nothing crazy but just something to afk check you incase you've gotten lucky with the afk guards (i've gone 8+ hours at old sponsor zone without one)

#2 Lack of content for the skillers

I understand this is a self implemented style of play and should have restrictions however, lets not forget that's how iron mans started, and now a huge amount of updates revolve around them being included. I am not saying re-write any current events / mini-games but can we get a consistent money making mini-game for skillers.

My take would either be the introduction to new potions (such as combine points as in osrs) as a reward (the knowledge to make them) from a new mini-game AND NEVER HAVE THEM AS BOSS DROPS. 

I would also include more trade-able high tier items from the skilling point shop. If people want to spam out skilling tasks I believe there should be a very high tier reward that is also trade-able maybe keep the Ancient skiller tome as a super rare in urns however add it for straight up points as well? Would be a constant money making method.

Also little things like making a way for skillers to obtain the VIP halo as currently it is the only zone we cannot farm out tokens for.

And my third is just a small rant about how three essence spirits at sponsor zone literally isn't even enough for 2 people to be there, and currently there are 5 people trying to do it. It's a $2500 zone like just give us 10 of them bad boys ffs xD.

I know this reads as more of a rant, but I think i start with a good idea / format but the ADHD wants to say everything at once and it totally just comes out as word vomit.

TL;DR either give us full afk scape or deal with afking bosses all day

Skillers need love too

Sponsor zone needs a re-work

Skilling store needs a re-work

• Like 1

I agree with some of these but others I don't. 

I've forwarded this thread to our suggestion squad chat. Thanks.

I really like the thoughts about additions for skillers. They definitely need to be shown some love.

But I'm not sure I agree with timers on instances within PoH

Just now, RogueMX said:

I really like the thoughts about additions for skillers. They definitely need to be shown some love.

But I'm not sure I agree with timers on instances within PoH

I'm not saying you cant go right back into the portal, but if they cut skillers from afking all day on rock stating we don't want people afking for that long I would think you'd be aligned and not let people afk soulsplit bosses all day.

The difference I see is, at a certain point your GLB is gonna fill up and yeah you can still be afk, but you won't be getting the drops

I 100% agree with the instance timer on the boss portals. 

A while back when we were discussing the creation of boss portals the biggest reason to add them was to create a way for ironmen to boss without being crashed, as well as to solve all the mains doing boss slayer tasks all trying for the same boss. This is why the requirement to sacrifice a pet was removed for ironmen.

I'd actually prefer to see something akin to RS3 boss instances, where after an hour they just stop spawning, as this would prevent people being teleported home as they get a drop. Overall it just prevents prolonged AFKing and has little effect on non-AFK players. 

14 minutes ago, RogueMX said:

The difference I see is, at a certain point your GLB is gonna fill up and yeah you can still be afk, but you won't be getting the drops

This it true, but a lot of the bosses that I AFK are for their smaller/stackable drops, such as KBD for supplies and Kraken for Oceanic scales.

On the topic of account sharing, I dislike the practice as it does give players an unfair advantage over others, but at the same time there is little that can be done to police it. 

There has been a huge amount of skiller related content suggested in the past, things like tree farming, wintertodt etc and I support those kind of things. I'd also really like to see a new high tier of potions that can only be herblored and are the best boosts in the game. 

I think a simple addition to the skilling point shop would be underwhelming for most players as skilling tasks aren't all that popular for most players.

I 100% agree that VIP zone needs some form of skilling for tokens, It is by far the most underdeveloped zone. 

Agreed on sponsor elementals. 

• Like 1

I mean its just as easy / hard to police as lets say someone auto clicking? Wouldn't it take the same amount of manpower? And I know a mod or two who love to get people checked for that would see easier in fact to tell. 1 harsh punishment and im sure alot of these accounts wouldnt risk it @Iron Logic thoughts?

I pretty much agree with everything Logical said above. Those are my views on things as well. 

However, on rsps you don't see many pure level 3 skillers. I don't think a pure skilling mini-game should come out. If one did however, hespori would be dope.

5 minutes ago, Rolla said:

I mean its just as easy / hard to police as lets say someone auto clicking? Wouldn't it take the same amount of manpower? And I know a mod or two who love to get people checked for that would see easier in fact to tell. 1 harsh punishment and im sure alot of these accounts wouldnt risk it @Iron Logic thoughts?

The thing about account sharing is that it's been allowed since runex's conception. I don't agree at all with changing our stance on it now considering it would be a nightmare for the staff team to moderate it on top of everything else we already do. 

The thing is, and I know you're referencing me in that comment above, it's simple. Don't joke about using certain automated programs and you'll be fine. The rules have to be taken seriously in some of these aspects and jokes or not, you're going to get looked into.

Just now, Raw said:

The thing about account sharing is that it's been allowed since runex's conception. I don't agree at all with changing our stance on it now considering it would be a nightmare for the staff team to moderate it on top of everything else we already do. 

The thing is, and I know you're referencing me in that comment above, it's simple. Don't joke about using certain automated programs and you'll be fine. The rules have to be taken seriously in some of these aspects and jokes or not, you're going to get looked into.

then dont go and joke about abusing your powers in the wilderness 2 minutes later ;) 

8 minutes ago, Rolla said:

I think it would be too much work to police and there are too many ways to get around it, such as using a VPN and just saying you're on holidays etc.

I think in more controlled competitions, like the hardcore wars one, staff can police it much easier, but on a server with 500ish players, there's always going to be people getting away with it.

Just now, Iron Logic said:

I think it would be too much work to police and there are too many ways to get around it, such as using a VPN and just saying you're on holidays etc.

I think in more controlled competitions, like the hardcore wars one, staff can police it much easier, but on a server with 500ish players, there's always going to be people getting away with it.

Yeah I guess that's true, I guess that was more aimed at the recent GIM competition where most groups feel like they can't compete with not only all the donations which I understand its a business at the end of the day and its a revenue point, so i dont have much of a foot to stand on with that, but it feels like the groups that are winning have multiple account sharers.

My biggest problem is people in portals 24/7 with teamviewer / other programs to have EU / AU friends keep them online while they sleep. Seems like a HUGE issue imo.

• I can not support the "no-sharing" accounts rule taking effect. This would be so hard to regulate and could you imagine enforcing such a rule? That would ruin it for me and many others. I like to use my brother's Mythic account just to farm Ecorp horns when he is away. IF my brother's $5,000 donator rank is not being used to the fullest extent than I see no point in donating further. We (unlike most) are very generous when it comes to giving back to the community as much as we can. So that would be a definite NO from me.

- as for players cycling 24\7 on 1 boss *aka* ROMP this should have been handled ages ago... he wouldn't have 2 Million+ boss kills if this were implemented and I strongly dislike the advantage, he isn't the only person doing this but he is a prime example.

• A skilling mini-game does sound interesting and rather fun content. I don't see an issue with this, in-fact it will encourage more players to max their stats instead of dreading the conventional ways of skilling. Support 100%.
  • As for the ::sponsor zone having more of this and that, it needs more content overall. The lack of players actually using the zone is quite sad. ::legend has far more benefits than that of sponsor and that's a whole $1,500 donator gap... WE NEED MORE BENEFITS that are actually rewarding. No one cares to farm Emole horns for profit that is so unrealistic when most Sponsor players are already maxed with tons of wealth.
  • Like 1

I understand the idea behind implementing timed instances, I don't see any problem with it and wouldn't mind if it was implemented. I also don't see any point it being added.

I get afk guarded every 1hr or so so I still need to check my pc constantly if I do decide to do something else with runex still playing. Having it at 1hr would mean I'd still be earning around the same boss points with this 1hr instance. I'd simply just re-enter every hour. I don't rlly see how it'll make a huge change personally. 

But if you feel it would change things, then I don't oppose, personally no change for me.

I don't skill much at all but I would definitely engage with wintertotd or other minigame based skilling events, something I can actively do which is engaging and possibly enjoyable for others. 

@jaym2 Ive been at afk rock in sponsor zone for 8 hours + without a guard i think its based on xp gained (and gamemode?) because when im barraging abby demons on task on my alt account i get legit 2 an hour compared to one every few hours on my prime. I wonder if the prime rates are set a bit to much?

@Frankenstein I think if there was a way to reset when they look at what accounts are ip linked to yours it wouldn't be too hard to mandate, alot of other servers / games do this as it creates an unfair advantage, I understand with your specific situation, but basically every server ran event is a joke because people pile on to 1 account / team. It's more so to address how one GIM team is blowing the rest out of the water. The vault would have a HUGE purpose if you couldn't log onto your teammates account as well.

Edited by Rolla

not sure bud, I've never gone 8hrs no where near whilst pvming. I'm supreme and norm. I get around 1 ever hour or 2 on alt similar to main. Might be due to exp if so maybe something that could be looked in to. 

• Like 1