Rc

Kharazi Jungle Minigame

So lately I've been spending a considerable amount of time in the Kharazi jungles, since trying to do the collection log on my uim. I've been enjoying this minigame a lot and am impressed at the detail put into it, although I don't see enough people in here, even though it has a nice daily reward. With much enjoyment comes some improvements I would like to suggest.

1) The main currency on the island is trading sticks, these however have very limited use in high numbers on the island, I find myself grinding them just to export them off the island as they are more useful outside than in. Their only use in high numbers on island is buying storage space on the island and after 25 spaces , you reach a cap and have nothing to spend them on. 

I suggest to make the jungle casket/ cursed casket obtainable via trading sticks, or a unique casket for trading sticks so that these sticks have a endgame use in the jungle. 

2) When one looks at inside its common to assume that it contains a total of 30 obtainable spaces as shown below, however this is not the case and only 25 of them are accessible.

Spoiler

kharazi-storage.png

Normal players tend to have "mules" which they stock resources and extra drops on, however irons don't have that option, so they must rely on what little space they can unlock on their own and let me tell you 25 spaces is a grind where last few spaces cost 3k+ sticks each, the last being 5k sticks. So for example in my setup, i would want space for my kharazi cape, machetes/picaxes for skilling or granite tank armour. Increasing the capacity to 30, would be a huge sticks sink and allow for more endgame use of sticks also.

3) Players gain crystal keys via killing mobs and skilling on jungle, a crystal chest with same or +1 rewards would be a nice addition and an incentive to play within the jungle as currently these keys have no use inside the jungle and end up getting dropped as they take up valuable inventory space.

• Like 1

I agree with everything posted here, 

I'd prefer to see a new casket to buy with trading sticks as the current caskets are pretty OP.

The minigame itself is quite fun, but the existence of certain super OP players really steers most players away. 

I'll push this to the suggestion squad to see what changes we can make.

I do agree with this.

The trading sticks should see a bit more use. I agree with adding jungle caskets to a shop, at a higher amount of sticks. Because lets be honest, they are much easier to obtain then BM on the island.

As for the storage. I can see how confusion would arise. There is no information about how many slots are storage(you might be able to dig through some updates to possibly find one). So just increase the cap by +5 to fill the entire bank.

I think instead of a crystal key, switch keys obtained on the island to "Jungle Crystal keys" that have a upgraded table(no log, due to how rare it is to get ckeys anways) but possibly new items such as a kharazi whip.. things like this, obviously the main rares would remain the same.

To piggy back off of Bind's stuff, perhaps make the keys like the keys in Nardah. Where they could be used on the existing chests for a higher chance at the better items currently available. And leaves room for future content within the jungle.

Ive made another post also suggesting giving us the last few bank slots. Also included a section about adding in a modified crystal chest. I agree with both of these ideas. 

It would be cool to see more uses for the trade sticks. They do become pretty much useless after a point. I think the ways to obtain blood money should be increased as well to make farming for the current available caskets a bit easier and more diverse. 

Adding the crystal chest would be a bad idea, say someone received an ultimate prize box from the chest then looted some dragon claws? or worse a mystery box from the ultimate prize box which turned out to be something impossibly OP for the jungle. It would be chaos and it would happen because Runex has some crazy rng loots.

I do support there being more space in the chest for more loot, being an Ironman myself and watching some maxed main normie have 5+ alt mules is quite depressing. I have advocated for this to be nulled before and it was shredded... so don't expect any changes happening to the Jungle anytime soon, it's almost dead content. But, it's just the fact not many players understand the concept of it and or have died quickly to some Jungle Madman a.k.a Tranquil and his 1000+ alts!

I love the fact that Ryan did add a new expansion to the island, it would be insane if the island expanded further into Karamja.. THE WHOLE island of Karamja being a map would be so intense. This would open Brim Dungeon, Karamja Volcano/Tzhaar City (inferno), etc. This would be so worth it.

@Smaug

Firstly mystery boxes is already obtainable from cursed caskets, secondly ultimate prize box is a very rare drop from the crystal chest and mostly drops nothing but skilling supplies.

Other than that i agree you with your ideas for further expansion

9 hours ago, rc said:

@Smaug

Firstly mystery boxes is already obtainable from cursed caskets, secondly ultimate prize box is a very rare drop from the crystal chest and mostly drops nothing but skilling supplies.

Other than that i agree you with your ideas for further expansion

Oof, I stand corrected. I totally forgot that unicorn box was inside cursed caskets.. the odds of that roll are near impossible I guess, so any "OP" items coming into the mini would likely be slim to none.. 

But, the second a crystal chest is introduced you start to unlock a bunch of mid-tier gear that doesn't belong in the minigame. (hand cannon, etc) Not to mention you have low tier items like Nezzy Helms, dboots, dbows, etc coming in from a Crystal Chest when it's already on the drop tables of monsters in Kharazi. It defeats the purpose? Does it not?

P.S. - stop trying to kill me! I can be a great asset on the island if you let me, why not work together to kill normies? 😩

7 hours ago, Smaug said:

Oof, I stand corrected. I totally forgot that unicorn box was inside cursed caskets.. the odds of that roll are near impossible I guess, so any "OP" items coming into the mini would likely be slim to none.. 

But, the second a crystal chest is introduced you start to unlock a bunch of mid-tier gear that doesn't belong in the minigame. (hand cannon, etc) Not to mention you have low tier items like Nezzy Helms, dboots, dbows, etc coming in from a Crystal Chest when it's already on the drop tables of monsters in Kharazi. It defeats the purpose? Does it not?

P.S. - stop trying to kill me! I can be a great asset on the island if you let me, why not work together to kill normies? 😩

RC is on my team sorry bud ;) 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, tranquil said:

RC is on my team sorry bud ;) 

Irons siding with normies to kill irons!?

Blasphemy!🤦‍♂️