Iron Logic

Let me know your dead content

Hey guys, one of the things I want to achieve while on the Suggestion Squad is to touch up some of the dead content on Runex.

The best reason for touching up older content is the fact that it's already there, so there is very little development time compared to making new content, and touched up content can often feel like new content depending on how under used it is. 

So I put it to the community, what content do you feel is dead, or could at least use a touch up? 

This includes;

1. NPCs or bosses that no-one kills, 
  2. Slayer monsters with no useful drops,
  3. Skilling methods that no-one uses, 
  4. Game mechanics that few players know about.
  5. Game mechanics that just aren't worth using.

Everything brought up on this post will be brought up the the Suggestion Squad, staff and developers, so please let me know anything and everything that comes to mind.

Have a great day.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this @Iron Logic!

Red - Priority

Orange - Minor

Green - Not necessary, but would be nice to see

[In-game]

1. Add a "Pet Cemetery" of sorts close to home. This area is a place where you can get rid of duped, unwanted, useless pets for a reward of sorts. The reward would have to be something along the lines of mass Rx Pts, large Prayer XP drop, etc. Adding this update may act as a 'Pet Sink' and could bring in new content. Let's say someone discards a Legendary Pet.. the reward may be actually worth doing, I've been given many Legendary Pets I would rather get rid of than waiting to sell them.
  2. Holiday Events. I hate to say this, but they have become quite depressing. Each year that goes by I am seeing the same exact event just with different NPC's and a P2W chest that has the same concept for each event. Be creative! I really liked during the holidays having the Kharazi Event, that was so fun.
  3. NOTING LAMPS. Lamps are 5rc each and still have no way of noting hundreds of lamps at once.
  4. Add more ways to obtain Prize Keys on Ironman accounts, it's nearly impossible unless you are very lucky to get some during the Holidays or from Mystery Tickets. 
  5. Add a monk fish spot to ::ezone.
  6. Puro-Puro has been dead content forever, it needs a revamp badly. Possibly add a unique imp that only spawns 1 time in 24hrs.. it will be globally announced at random and the loot from it could be worthwhile. The catch rate of the imp would have a high fail rate.
  7. $5000 donator rank needs to come into play sometime, there are quite a few players who have sponsor and are close to $5000 or above the amount.

[Forums]

1. Hire a web-developer that can update our forums and create more of an appealing look. We lack this so bad and i'm sure it turns away some people when they view the forums for the first time. We need updated Logos, Donator Rank Icons/with respected colours, etc. More integration needs to happen where we are transparent with In-game > Discord > Forums information. 
  2. We need updated guide information. Players coming to Runex for the first time are relying on the knowledge of players from 2017-18. Guides are so vital when it comes to playing Runex as our content is far more unique and advanced than your typical RSPS.
  3. More interaction from the Moderators+ with the community whether it be through Voting Events, Global Boss Events, Etc. these small 'Community Events' really boost the morale of the playerbase!
  4. Acknowledge Youtubers who produce content. We need more incentives for these individuals as this is a huge source for bringing activity to the game.
  5. Just make the forums in general more appealing to the eye, we are so dull and lack appeal. We could easily have more players interacting here if small changes were added.
Edited by Smaug
  • Thanks 1

1. Make use of superior pets, add some benefit to it, etc give +5% dr to the boss or 5% to spawn the superior boss (like Emole pet) and add runecoins value to it so you can rc it.
  2. Add bank, tp to vip zone floor 4 and 5, and fix the spawner glitch so it doesn't disappear and you have to relog 10 times.
  3. New kind of holidays event not just a rework of them.
  4. Remove nardah and cursed imp from mage of wisdom, simply too rare to get I seen 1 nardah imp and 1 cursed imp.
  5. Make a money sink grinder/fountain, were you can use money/ items to get xp boost, dr boost, or spawn a new world boss (money sink)
  6. Maybe make a new kind of raids.
  7. Add a portal so you can leave grand titan so you don't have to teleport back to max guild and run all the way back.
  • Thanks 1