tranquil

Charms, a new use for collection log points?

Charms would be available exclusively from the collection log store. 

A charm would occupy a new equipment slot. (maybe to the right of the head icon)

I think there should be a one time fee of 25 collection log points to unlock the charm slot. The 25 points would not be refundable like the rest of the store. This is a permanent cost to pay for access to the charm slot. The charms themselves however would be refundable for full price like any other item.

A charm could potentially cost between 250 - 500 points. 

I would like to see a few different charms available that provide a variety of effects.

Damage charm gives a flat 5% damage bonus to all styles in PvM. 

Guardian charm soaks 7.5% of all damage in PvM. 

Luck charm provides 7.5% drop rate. 

A lightning charm could have a small chance to proc a 10-15 mage hit on a single target enemy.

You get the idea. You could go all sorts of fun directions with these. I feel this adds something really cool to the store that people will want to grind for.

I believe this is the kind of end game content that should be in the collection log store. Seeing as the points truly represent "completing" different areas of the game. 

Edited by tranquil

I like the idea, but having them be usable 24/7 seems a bit op. Having them used like "auras" on RS3 with cool downs would be kind of cool though. But I could definitely see a problem with them being non refundable. Maybe a ~1-2 day cooldown on that as well?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TravisCruz said:

I like the idea, but having them be usable 24/7 seems a bit op. Having them used like "auras" on RS3 with cool downs would be kind of cool though. But I could definitely see a problem with them being non refundable. Maybe a ~1-2 day cooldown on that as well?

that may work better if the them being a permanent fixture seems too op. And just to clarify, i think the charm itself should be refundable. But the cost of entry of 25 points should be a permanent deduction. The price to pay for access to a charm slot

I'd be very interested to see this, but I'm highly against having non-refundable points.

I'd love to see these be more of an aura like Travis suggestion, but the high price seems like a bit of a concern to me. 
250-500 col points are the numbers you see from people who have finished the game or have spent a lot of money buying promos and mystery boxes. 

Having some starter, midgame and end game auras would provide more balance and give players a taste of what they can achieve down the line. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 3:50 AM, Iron Logic said:

I'd be very interested to see this, but I'm highly against having non-refundable points.

I'd love to see these be more of an aura like Travis suggestion, but the high price seems like a bit of a concern to me. 
250-500 col points are the numbers you see from people who have finished the game or have spent a lot of money buying promos and mystery boxes. 

Having some starter, midgame and end game auras would provide more balance and give players a taste of what they can achieve down the line. 

Good feedback, I especially like the idea of having different tiers of the auras/charms available.