TravisCruz

Corpethereal Rate, Ancient Tome, Brim Staff, Bow and more!

eCORP SPAWN RATE is currently insanely low, even with a constant Corp Mass going on like there was for a few days straight. Even though the Intrinsic shard is listed as "common," I (and many people I know) have yet to get even one, in 5+ kills. That's not a problem, but with the spawn rate so low, going for an enhanced spirit shield in any time less than a year on any kind of Iron is out of the question. At the current rates, eCorp will be all but dead content before too long, only spawned by the rare PvMer doing an Task Scroll. Instead of a flat out change to spawn rate, however, I have a solution that would still incentivize more people to camp corp for Corpethereal Beast spawn without changing it to be too OP.

The base spawn rate would stay as it is now, 1/500.

After Ever every CorpEthereal death, a "% bar" should be reset to 0% and be seen while in the Corporeal lair.

After each Corporeal Beast death, that bar would fill up by 0.05%, increasing the spawn rate slightly each kill.

This way, after ~3.5 hours of a mass (60 seconds per kill and respawn), the bar would be at 100%, increasing the spawn rate to a capped rate of 1/250.

The numbers/cap are subject to change of course, but 

The Ancient Tome is a great addition, but it would be nice to have some kind of all around experience boost on it as well. 

As an addition to the enchanting chest, the Ancient Skilling Tome (e) could be added that would be a 100% enchantment, but would require the Skilling Tome IV, the Ancient Tome, and an Imbuing Stone.

The new tome would have the same effects as the ancient tome as well a 7.5% experience boost, instead of the full 15% from the Skilling tome IV. 

Again, the requirements themselves (950 skilling pts + rng to get the ancient tome) aren't easy whatsoever, and the new tome would only be useful in niche areas. 

The Brimstone Staff and Bow are both quite a bit underwhelming for the requirements to make them.

The Zaryte Bow out DPS's the Brimstone Bow from the start, and the Zaryte bow is arguably easier to obtain and requires no arrows to use, and both the Zammy Bow and Brimstone Bow are currently "dead content." aside from being collectors items. 

An upgrade to accuracy while on task )16.5%?) as well as no need for arrows would make using the bow feasible to use in some situations, while still allowing the Zaryte to be valuable for Raids and non-slayer bossing.

While the Brimstone Staff has more uses and is slightly more viable than the Zammy Bow, it's incredible inaccuracy makes it extremely niche and again, not as useful as it should be for the requirements and risk it takes to make.

Since it's made with the SoL, a flat 10% accuracy increase when used with the Arcane Stream Necklace (25% would make it too overpowered) would be a fair buff. 

Edited by TravisCruz
  • Like 2

The e-corp idea is really nice, i don't know how hard it would be to add such a thing, but the idea itself is very lovely.

some of this has since been updated, thanks ryan :P 

Still the tome would be cool to see it buffed. Someone mentioned it doesnt stack with 200m cape and is actually slower for resource gathering. rip 

I love the E-corp spawning idea.

I don't think we need to change the ancient tome as it forces players to pick between experience or faster gathering + c keys.

I think the brimstone weapons could use some tweaking, I believe the staff has already been fixed. I don't think the bow can be considered harder to get than a zaryte bow as MoW trades are pretty luck of the draw.