Sign in to follow this  
iWokeUpHigh

Max Hit Dummies --No/Broken Logic--

Let me start this off by saying I have identified a busted calculation with the max hit dummies **based solely on my knowledge of the main game and how the combat/max hits are calcualted there and I'm aware this is a custom remake so not everything is the same**. So if its simply just different, please clarify how max hits are calculated.

In the main game Melee max hit only looks at your Strength Bonus (from equipped gear), your Strength level and offensive prayers. Today we are only talking about Max Hit calculation based on your Gear Bonuses.

Once your max hit is calculated by your strength level, that is used as a base value which your Strength Bonus is simply divided by 4 and basically rounded down to the lowest whole number and added to your max hit.

Let's say my max hit is 10 based on my strength level alone and my strength bonus from equipped gear is 121.

That means 121/4 = 30.25. Now you cant have a max hit of 30.25 so its rounded down to 30. You can simply add the 10 from your Strength level and the 30 from your Strength Bonus and you get your max hit total of 40.

What I have found from the max hit dummys also includes the Decorative armor set. Since deco armor gives +1 max hit from each piece of armor you wear its like a pseudo +4 str bonus. Here is the problem.

In theory since +4 str bonus is equal to +1 max hit the Fighter Torso should offer the same max hit as a deco melee top. What I found is that wearing ONLY 1 piece of deco DOES NOT give +1 max hit, but only when i had deco TOP AND BOTTOM equiped did i receive +2 to my max hit. On top of that, swapping out torso for a deco top REMOVES the +2 max hit from deco top and bottom and offers no more max hits when in reality it should MATCH the deco top. The current dummies basically say that torso is useless and deco is far superior.

What does this mean? Well after speaking to a few veteran players we decided the max hit dummys just simply DO NOT calculate max hit properly.

While this isn't game breaking by any means, it is a feature that was developed for a reason and im sure the community would like it to be accurate. There are a lot of custom items and many paths to take in this game and some of us play game modes that are on the slower side, so truly knowing this information allows us to be efficient and make better decisions as to efficacy of gear, or even deciding if an upgrade is worth it (ironman btw)

How can it be fixed? Two very simple ideas. First and foremost just simply update the script or maths that calculate the values. Secondly, give us the formulas for max hit and accuracy or some insight so we can better make decisions and learn the mechanics behind our beloved RuneX.

• Like 1

Albert fucking Einstein. Welcome to the scene. 

I dunno if I agree or disagree. Made me question life in general tbh. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve noticed max hit is incorrect, in a Max geared Pure account, with Saradomin staff (I) I can hit 50’s using pot’s and “Mystic Lore” activated, but the max hit dummy thinks my max hit is like 30.

Edited by GodDoesDrugs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah i've been avoiding the max hit dummy for the reason that it's wrong with most stuff.

For example i can hit 80+ offtask with zaryte in my gear. But the max hit dummy shows 64 or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah it would be cool if they were fixed. Very inaccurate with mage. Same story as posted above, pure can hit high 80's with sang staff, dummy shows much lower max hit. 1 example 

• Like 2