Taras

Elixir of Silence

Add an elixir that when consumed, mutes all drop notifications you receive for a set amount of time.  This will help users who are in the wildy and receive a drop.  Elixir can be a drop from wildy NPCs or drop the ingredient required to make it.

• Like 1

-1 simply because wilderness is high risk, high reward. If you want to minimize being pked, get better at fighting back or by tanking and escaping.

I've made a suggestion very similar to this and it didn't get much support, the Gloves of Silence (i) would be great addition to this. I don't agree with there being a broadcast everytime a drop is given, this instantly means you will 90% of the time have to tank your way through several people. 

It's literally that easy for a pker to kill you. It's very hard to tank someone through the cursed cavern only to find someone waiting inside Rev Caves for you. Paying a certain price to have your broadcasts muted is beneficial, especially for HCIM. One of the most annoying achievements is the 250 Battle Mage kills.. you literally have 1 way out and it's through 3 spider webs and a lever. By the time you get a drop there is already someone coming from mage bank tele.

Tanking isn't always the best method. Most high tier weapons can easily 1 hit a player, having 2-3 players with the exact same combos (Vorpal Staff, Sarachnis, etc.) is almost un-tankable.

2 hours ago, Raw said:

-1 simply because wilderness is high risk, high reward. If you want to minimize being pked, get better at fighting back or by tanking and escaping.

That's why the required ingredient should be dropped by wildy NPCs, as a rare drop, not common or uncommon.  Elixir learning costs rune coins that players aren't willing to spend.  This isn't a permanent feature, just temporary "silence"

2 hours ago, Vito said:

I've made a suggestion very similar to this and it didn't get much support, the Gloves of Silence (i) would be great addition to this. I don't agree with there being a broadcast everytime a drop is given, this instantly means you will 90% of the time have to tank your way through several people. 

It's literally that easy for a pker to kill you. It's very hard to tank someone through the cursed cavern only to find someone waiting inside Rev Caves for you. Paying a certain price to have your broadcasts muted is beneficial, especially for HCIM. One of the most annoying achievements is the 250 Battle Mage kills.. you literally have 1 way out and it's through 3 spider webs and a lever. By the time you get a drop there is already someone coming from mage bank tele.

Tanking isn't always the best method. Most high tier weapons can easily 1 hit a player, having 2-3 players with the exact same combos (Vorpal Staff, Sarachnis, etc.) is almost un-tankable.

Speaking from experience when it comes to killing hcim, killing them at mage arena is the hardest thing to do when solo as the lever in and out is bugged so teleblock doesn't work with it. I've had many hcims freeze me and tele out and log out because it's just that easy to escape. 

I just don't agree with having broadcasts muted because of a special item. I already do regular wilderness sweeps regardless of broadcasts and most of the time lately I rarely go out when people get a broadcast cause it's just not worth the time.

Idk. This is just something I don't like but it could be added into the game regardless of what I think so good luck.

• Like 1

Wilderness is dead enough now though. I would rather have more announcements and bigger rewards for actually killing wilderness creatures(rewards are big enough really)/people in the wilderness. Wilderness bosses are easily killed when wearing 3-4 items, and they deal 0 damage while praying melee.  

This type of function would only be really useful for short activities with a high chance at announcements, such as opening lava and larrens chest. 

For activities such as general pvm and slayer, I point you towards Raws comment, a lot of pkers don't just wait for an announcement, because a smart pvmer will be able to escape before the pkers can even teleport out to them. Instead, they do sweeps of the wilderness and often have friends pvming or bossing that will sell out other players.  So hiding your announcements in this case wouldn't help all that much and is more likely to give you a false sense of security and only increase the amount of pkers checking popular locations since they know announcements could be hidden. 

If it only hid drop announcements I would support it, as there is a certain give and take with it. But if it includes chest loots, lava feather shop etd, I won't support it, as there is only a 1% risk without the announcements.