Sign in to follow this  
Fe HP

Zulrah Buff

The reason why for a zulrah drop buff, the avarage unique on osrs for a zulrah item is 1/-200-300 - On Runex 1/500-1500 it's retarded yes the droptable says 1:300 but it's so much more rare and i feel it's more terrible then osrs tbf 

There's people with over 1-2K kills and still haven't gotten any unique.

Edited by Fe HP

Zulrah Drop Table is not wrong as it says ingame.
I know it can be misleading to people who don't know that Zulrah's drop table works a bit different.
Zulrah has a normal drops table, and a rare drops table.
You get 2x rolls each kill, so 2x rolls to land on the rare drop table.
I assume Bag of riches is not the 'rare drop table' for Zulrah, since it isn't considered a Zulrah unique.
The rare drop table consists of:

- Uncut onyx : 1/150 (= 2/300)
- Tanzanite fang : 1/300
- Magic fang : 1/300
- Serpentine visage : 1/300

As you can see, the chance of hitting the rare drop table is 1/300 each roll, so actually 1/150 each kill to land on it.
Notice how the Uncut onyx is 2/300. Let's say we specifically are grinding for the Tanzanite fang. How do we calculate our chance of getting one?
We take the sum of the amount of items in the rare drop table, which is 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5.
Now we multiply 5 by its chance to just hit once the rare drop table, 5 * 300 = 1500. This means, on each roll, we have a 1/1500 chance to get the Tanzanite fang drop.
We know, we have 2x rolls each kill, so we actually have 1/1500 + 1/1500 = 2/1500 = 1/750 chance each kill to get a Tanzanite fang drop.

I hope this clears up the confusion about the Zulrah drops.

EDIT: See Batty's comment below if Bag of Riches is indeed on the 'rare drop table' for Zulrah ( even lower drop chance )

Edited by Hel Pk

12 minutes ago, Hel Pk said:

Zulrah Drop Table is not wrong as it says ingame.
I know it can be misleading to people who don't know that Zulrah's drop table works a bit different.
Zulrah has a normal drops table, and a rare drops table.
You get 2x rolls each kill, so 2x rolls to land on the rare drop table.
I assume Bag of riches is not the 'rare drop table' for Zulrah, since it isn't considered a Zulrah unique.
The rare drop table consists of:

- Uncut onyx : 1/150 (= 2/300)
- Tanzanite fang : 1/300
- Magic fang : 1/300
- Serpentine visage : 1/300

As you can see, the chance of hitting the rare drop table is 1/300 each roll, so actually 1/150 each kill to land on it.
Notice how the Uncut onyx is 2/300. Let's say we specifically are grinding for the Tanzanite fang. How do we calculate our chance of getting one?
We take the sum of the amount of items in the rare drop table, which is 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 5.
Now we multiply 5 by its chance to just hit once the rare drop table, 5 * 300 = 1500. This means, on each roll, we have a 1/1500 chance to get the Tanzanite fang drop.
We know, we have 2x rolls each kill, so we actually have 1/1500 + 1/1500 = 2/1500 = 1/750 chance each kill to get a Tanzanite fang drop.

I hope this clears up the confusion about the Zulrah drops.

I'd also, like to add that according to the in-game drop table interface, bags of riches are also on the rare drop table, and just because getting a drop is 1 in 750 does NOT mean you should expect it in 750 kills il link to the Wikia drop tables that has some probability calculations and formulas to see how many kills are required to have a x % chance of receiving the item, note that you will never be guaranteed a drop ever. https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Drop_rate. When I spoke to "Fe HP" he was unable to provide anyone who has gone 1-2k kc without a single unique from Zulrah, it's not bugged you just may not be getting lucky. If bags of riches are on the RDT (Rare drop table), the sum of items on the RDT would be 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 8, 8 * 300 = 2400, 1 in 2400 per roll, 1 in 1200 per kill. Before any luck boosts.

Edited by Batty
  • Like 1