Rasta

PoH Instance Boss Respawn Timer

Currently, the boss respawn timer is 30 seconds in every instance beside Kraken. This is rather a long wait and the vast majority of the server I think would agree that if it was lowered to 10-20 seconds, PoH instances for bossing would be vastly more efficient and useful. Not to mention when luck horns are active, it eats up about half of the time we could be killing something to take advantage of the drop rate boost.

Edit: It has been suggested to have a PoH instance with a faster boss respawn, to make those instances cost more. Maybe 2x the original instance price or pay 10m + instance price for an instance of faster respawns.

Further edit: @Logical has a very good idea about this: putting it as a perk in the beast master's perk tree. However I don't think it should be more than 15-20k boss points.

Side suggestion: lower cost of luck horns from 100k to 50k.

Thanks,

Pasta

Edited by Rasta
  • Like 3

I could go either way. 

The negative is that prior to instances, there was a very limited amount of kills per hours, I.E loot per hour. With instances, this becomes immensely higher. Things like no cannons and long respawn times were included to offset the increase in drops. 

I'd much prefer to see players have the ability to decrease spawn times in some way, most likely as a part of the boss point tree. 

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Edited by Raw

I believe the timers were put in as they are so that the drops aren't coming into the game too fast, and lowering them could impact the eco drastically. So for me it'd be a -1.

However Raw's post above, now that's a good idea.

Instances should have an option to pay more gp for a faster spawn rate eg, 1.5m for normal, 5m fast, 10m fastest. For irons just have it 0,1.5m,5m

+1 with the whole server bossing instances are a necessity might as well make them have the same respawn timers.

I would love to see this. There needs to be something else required whether it be one down below.

Logic's suggestion was nice with the boss point perk tree.

It could also be done based on a prerequisite amount of kills also.

Or Vise's suggestion with the gp cost.

36 minutes ago, jaym2 said:

I would love to see this. There needs to be something else required whether it be one down below.

Logic's suggestion was nice with the boss point perk tree.

It could also be done based on a prerequisite amount of kills also.

Or Vise's suggestion with the gp cost.

I like the boss perk tree idea, that would actually make sense. So it's locked behind something instead of just being OP for brand new accounts/irons.

Hi @Rasta,

I appreciate you taking your time in making this suggestion. 

It seems that this is getting a lot of support and could be useful for our developers. 

I will be forwarding this to Ryan and Nate and hopefully they can put this into use in some way. 

Thank you for your suggestion and enjoy playing! 

I appreciate all the suggestions!

We are planning on incorporating the boss point perk system for a reduction in instance timers.

Thanks,
Ryan

• Like 2