Rasta

Nex

Now I know at first glance, you're all gonna say absolutely not, and I understand. But hear me out. The boss fight itself is a whole lot of a fun, and the armors look dope. I know the armors have op passives to begin with, but my idea to remedy that, is to remove the normal passives Nex armors give. No hp boost, etc. 

Torva: Tankier than draconic, with slight accuracy and possibly a str bonus boost. I propose a small accuracy boost over draconic but retain the same strength bonus or add just enough strength bonus for 1 more max hit, while adding more defensive stats to make it tankier than draconic.

Pernix: We need something to bridge between the jump in range sets. Lava d'hide is good range armor, and is just around 100-150m. Arma is about on par with more defense. After that, you have to drop either 4b or a regular corrupted bracelet, or 8-9b for the imbued one to be able to use Morrigans. Above Morrigans are extremely expensive and very difficult to obtain range armors (darkroot and superior hydra leather). Pernix could fill the bridge between lava d'hide and arma, and morrigans with c brace, or be one tier above Morrigans. I also think this set should have tankier defensive stats, but a slight accuracy boost over morrigans with similar range strength to Morrigans. Seeing as Morrigans is t78 and Nex armor are t80, Pernix should be slightly better than morrigans.

Virtus: Ancestral in my opinion, should be BIS all around mage, and it would be nice to keep it that way as it is obtained from Raids. I believe that Virtus could bridge between nardah and ancestral/blood shaman in terms of accuracy and magic damage. Possibly more accuracy than ancestral, but -5% mage damage to ancestral while adding more defensive stats.

Also, the Nex fight pre-EoC was just fun as hell. I understand everyone's thoughts that the armors do not belong in an OS-based server, but along with the customs and the stat ideas for the sets I've proposed will keep them from being extremely overpowered, while adding new sets to the game that I know quite a few of us would love to see.

Other drops from Nex could include sacred tokens, grand crest pieces (all 3 on table, 1 in 100 for each), and the armor pieces 1 in 256. 

Armors also could possibly give a boost to damage and accuracy when used in GWD bossing, including Nex. Maybe 2.5% boost in GWD damange and accuracy per piece of Nex armor worn.

I fully understand those who disagree with adding this to the game, but this is my idea for trying to make it balanced, and viable for all players.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion,

Rasta

Anyone else with suggestions, feel free to comment and add! Would love to see the community input on this one. :)

Edited by Rasta
  • Like 2

Just now, The Infernix said:

Sure, but morrigan's is T78 and nex armors are T80.

Support otherwise.

So you think maybe Pernix should be above morrigans?

Well, it is on runescape, and if the other nex sets are way better for some reason, it might be odd, so it would make the most sense to me, but whatever.

and while we're here, how do I make my donor rank display on forums? lmao was looking earlier but nothing.

1 minute ago, The Infernix said:

Well, it is on runescape, and if the other nex sets are way better for some reason, it might be odd, so it would make the most sense to me, but whatever.

and while we're here, how do I make my donor rank display on forums? lmao was looking earlier but nothing.

I think you'll have to have forum staff do it. Nota might be able to.

- 1 from me as this would be an unnecessary addition given how our custom items fill the space that nex armour would. 

It would also make quite a lot of end game gear redundant. 

Why bother doing 500 cox for draconic when you can do 500 nex with epic lucks in 5% of the time, you'd only lose 1-2 max hits. 

8 minutes ago, Iron Logic said:

- 1 from me as this would be an unnecessary addition given how our custom items fill the space that nex armour would. 

It would also make quite a lot of end game gear redundant. 

Why bother doing 500 cox for draconic when you can do 500 nex with epic lucks in 5% of the time, you'd only lose 1-2 max hits. 

That only answers for the Torva set. We could make Torva worse offensively (-10 or -20 total accuracy) and a worse strength bonus while having higher def (than draconic). Not everyone is able to raid consistently and efficiently to get those raids drops so this would help players who do not have the gear to raid efficiently get tanky armor to help them through raids to get the BIS items while retaining raids items still being BIS. I don't see how this is redundant as it will allow players to have a better chance at getting higher tier gear.

Also Nex shouldn't be a cakewalk of a boss anyways so the armors would be worth it to those who can't get the drac or ancestral pieces they need from raids. Raids as of now is the only method to obtain BIS and I AGREE that that should be the case, but having a new selection of armors wouldnt hurt anyone. Especially if they are not bis.

I mainly made this suggestion to add gear to apply to boss grinding rather than raid grinding.

Edited by Rasta

In terms of draconic and ancestral, you only really mention slight damage and/or accuracy changed compared to other gear.

Unless Nex is made super hard or low drop rates, players will just do nex as opposed to any other similar gears content.

Draconic or Ancestral is primarily from raids, draconic requiring other items to make it and 95 construction.

Morrigans requires a bracelet or amulet, which are quite rare to obtain. Plus 10kBM per attempt.

Why do any of that when I can kill nex with tokens. No danger, quite quick and easy. 

1 minute ago, Iron Logic said:

In terms of draconic and ancestral, you only really mention slight damage and/or accuracy changed compared to other gear.

Unless Nex is made super hard or low drop rates, players will just do nex as opposed to any other similar gears content.

Draconic or Ancestral is primarily from raids, draconic requiring other items to make it and 95 construction.

Morrigans requires a bracelet or amulet, which are quite rare to obtain. Plus 10kBM per attempt.

Why do any of that when I can kill nex with tokens. No danger, quite quick and easy. 

Still failing to see your reasoning against this. The entire proposition is to not have the gear on the same level as raids gear. Making grinding raids for its armor still most definitely worth doing. And you're basically backing me up with the Morrigans because it'd be harder to get Pernix than Morrigans. It should be better. However Torva shouldnt be as much DPS as drac, but more def, while Virtus should be higher def and acc than ancestral but less magic damage. Like I said, a 1 in 256 or 1 in 512 rate would still make it difficult to obtain. I know since every RuneX boss is pretty much afk you expect this would be an easy grind but Nex isn't supposed to be easy.

Nex should also be locked behind the 4 GWD boss achieves, and have a fairly difficult boss fight that would be difficult to do solo. I'm not sitting here telling them to add an afk boss with gear on par with raids gear.

I see logic's point in the aspect of raiding v just doing nex. 

I also do think that there shud be a tier above what currently is. Or once you get to the max gear then it becomes redundant to play. 

We have the scythe at 120b, hefty price task which is deserved. I can understand weapons being more pricey but still.

Then we go to armour sets. 

Draconic 5b for set? This is achievable in a short time. Recently we've gotten creastbearer which is better in pvm which is an amazing addition. 

nardah 1b - Anc 5b? We do have blood shaman which is like 13b? Unobtainable from now though. Would be nice to see some more additions to top tier mage also.

Morrigans which is 1b or darkroot which is 45b for what most ppl wud get top and bottoms which is fine as end-game. Something to bridge the gap would be neat.

I do get where both sides are coming from. Personally I just want gaps to be built and more option to be available. 

Whether it be next idc, half the shit on here is custom anyway. That don't bother me.

When talking about bridging and improving upon gear this doesn't always necessarily mean adding gear that's just stronger overall, specific gear etc is fine. 

The superior idea is a cool idea, just it's been like 2-3 months and people haven't obtained shit. It's not even a fun grind, it involves u leaving ur pc idle whilst u hope u get a superior drop. 

I like the idea of nex armour's for several reasons, my personal main one is i love how they look.

Torva: instead of making it close to draconic i would make it more defensive, a good str bonus but defensive stats in between justiciar and draconic (we don't have a tank/dps hybrid (ye ye justi sith holy ring but i like having a ring to improve drop rates) and i feel like we need a decent sized test group to avoid powercreep with melee seeing how powerfull it already is) i would also like seeing it as a cosmetic upgrade for justiciar (taking away saradomin set effect for holy ring) 

Pernix: i do agree that the gap between lava/arma to morrigans/darkroot/hydra is too big and it would fill the slot nicely with the right stats avoiding powercreep again because if it was on par with darkroot/hydra that would make both those harder to obtain sets useless to grind for imo

Virtus: instead of putting it on par with ancestral i would like seeing it as defensive mage armour, we lack good defensive armour for mage right now i feel and virtus might fill that spot, i would suggest 2.5% damage per piece while working with ring of darkness and pretty solid defensive stats for the pieces too make it the justiciar of mage, ofcourse not as strong as justiciar to not make it op but strong enough to where people might opt out of higer dps for more sustain.

Overall i say the passive would not fit in the game at all with how we could already do that with pets and would just make the armour the best cuz why do more dps or tank more when u get 60 total hp more with a full set on, and i would try to avoid powercreep which would make grinding raids pretty useless (like logic said with torva) and that would remove too much end game.

i would also suggest having a big test group for it, try and find people who don't want it and people who do and carefully listen to what both sides say is too weak or too strong and balance the armour with their feedback.

Rasta, my point is that a slight difference in offence isn't a great idea. 

Take the comparison of bandos with a ring of war and draconic with a grand ring I.

Draconic is better, but only slightly, while bandos and a ring of war is monumentally easier to obtain. 
I have the full ring of war set up, so I have 0 reason to try and get draconic or a grand ring I.

Nex might not be AFK, bit compared to all of the other armour sets mentioned, it is far easier, safer, faster and accessible. 

Also, there is no point in making one of the armours more tanky than another. Runex doesn't need tanky armour, because everyone prefers DPS given that defence is so rarely required. 

The gap between Morrigans and Armadyl/lava dhide is nothing. With a blowpipe and dragon darts the difference is literally 1 max hit. To try and fit something between these sets would make there be a literal 1-2 stat difference for each set.

Nex is one of the most enjoyable bosses on rs/rs3 and rsps in general I fully support adding Nex and it's subsequent drops like Torva, Penix and Virtus. fact is they're already added into the game only the boss would need to be added. 

We already have the Zaryte bow and before he adds more things to sacred tokens that are Nex related I'd rather just have the boss added altogether.

Point is, Nex has really nice mechanics and is an actual challenge to earn it's gear and isn't afkable like most content on Rx

• Like 2

Nex is a really fun boss but the addition of new powercreep is a no no for me, It's a good idea but we already have heaps of customs which fill the nex set gaps just like @Iron Logic said.

-1 from me

Still love you x

Here’s my take on Nex:

Nex is a really fun boss with awesome mechanics, would I like to see it implemented? Yes.

Would I like the armours to be implemented? No. I think that Runex currently has a wide variety of armour sets at the moment, we don’t need more.

What I would like to see is more ornament kits, dyes, shields and blessings etc..

Now, I would like to suggest that Nex is made virtually impossible to solo, why? Because we currently have no bosses that require teamwork. We have raids, can they be solo’d? Yes.

Implementing more bosses that require precision teamwork would add a whole new factor of fun to Runex.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kong said:

Here’s my take on Nex:

Nex is a really fun boss with awesome mechanics, would I like to see it implemented? Yes.

Would I like the armours to be implemented? No. I think that Runex currently has a wide variety of armour sets at the moment, we don’t need more.

What I would like to see is more ornament kits, dyes, shields and blessings etc..

Now, I would like to suggest that Nex is made virtually impossible to solo, why? Because we currently have no bosses that require teamwork. We have raids, can they be solo’d? Yes.

Implementing more bosses that require precision teamwork would add a whole new factor of fun to Runex.

Nex was almost impossible to solo when she came out, but with RuneX and it’s customs & osrs items that weren’t present back then it could be different so I would agree nex would need to be a team boss of minimum two players and maybe instanced. I did a lot of nex on a 667 I once played maybe over 1-2k kills and never could I solo her even with the best gear, pack yak etc just wasn’t possible.

So +1 Support to add nex, but I’d hope the system is like mole or I feel like duoing to not get a drop would be frustrating 

I’m going to say -1 on the armors as we really don’t need them tbh unless they’re under the standard usually used gear. So torva is below draconic, Pernix below morrigans, virtus below ancestral if they must be added.

As Kong mentioned I’d love to see nex have some unique drops like ornament kits for tort(or), occult(or), anguish, tormented bracelet & others. Since everyone wants a new bis slayer helm why not have nex drop it with a high rate like 1/2000.