Batty

PKing Achievement Guide.

Ok, so some of you seem to have trouble understanding firstly the reasoning for having PK Achievements and how to do them successfully, so I decided to make this guide to teach you guys how to obtain them in your work towards Completionist Cape.

First and foremost, there are 2 different PKing achievements that people seem to struggle with the first being the 50 Killstreak achievement (kill 50 players in a row without dying), and the Kill 100 players achievement (kill 100 players with no requirements). Now, these can be completed anywhere in the wilderness (excluding training ground, and your killstreak does not increase in the Kharazi Jungle). The reason we SHOULD have PKing achievements is that it is a game aspect that is involved in MASTERING the game.

The gear I recommend is not essential but optimal and I will do a few variations to inspire you to set up an inventory and gear setup that works the best for you.

Setups

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://gyazo.com/a4b755fd049cb20031c9836ecd15afd5

WORN ITEMS

Helmet Slot: Hunter's Honour -> Frost or Lava Slayer Helmet -> Fused Slayer Helmet

Necklace Slot: Lava Pendant -> Torture (OR) -> Fury (OR)

Cape Slot: Zamorak Max Cape -> Imbued Zamorak Cape -> Regular Zamorak Cape (if you use any other god you don't deserve ur achievement)

Ammunition Slot: Zenyte Bolts (E) -> Dragon Bolts (E) 0> Diamond Bolts (E)

Body Slot: Ahrim's RobeTop -> Lunar Torso -> Mystic RobeTop

Legs Slot: Ahrim's RobeSkirt -> Lunar Legs -> Mystic RobeBottoms

Weapon Slot: Staff of Light -> Toxic Staff of the Dead -> Mud Battlestaff

Shield Slot: Tome Of Fire (I) -> Tome Of Fire -> Arcane Spirit Shield

Gloves Slot: Elemental RC Gloves -> Air Runecrafting Gloves -> Barrows Gloves

Boots Slot: Samurai Boots -> Eternal Boots -> Infinity Boots

Ring Slot: Brimstone Ring I -> Lava Ring -> Ring of Vigour 

Inventory Items

CrossBow: Chaotic Crossbow (I) -> Chaotic Crossbow -> Dragon Crossbow

Range Top: Karil's Top -> Blessed D'hide -> Black D'hide

Tank Legs: Samurai Greaves -> Verac's Plateskirt -> Torag's Platelegs

Ranged Cape Slot: Vorakth MaxCape -> Ava's Assembler -> Ava's (T) MaxCape

Melee Top: Fighter's Torso (E) -> Fighter's Torso (I) -> Fighter's Torso

Melee Cape: Infernal Maxcape -> Infernal Cape -> Fire MaxCape

Special Attack Weapon: Barrelchest Anchor (I) -> 3rd Age Longsword -> Dragon Claws

For the rest of your inventory ensure you have adequate Teleblock, Fire Surge, and Entangle runes (depending on which rune providing items you have such as Runecrafting Gloves, Catalytic / Elemental rune pouch ETC, then a Looting Bag of some form (if you're an IronMan you don't require a Looting Bag), A Blood Orb to increase blood money drops, Saradomin Brews & Super Restores with a 3:2 or 4:2 ratio of Brews:Restores. As well as a manta ray or 2 incase they fight back and you don't want to drink a brew or you may need to combo eat. 

What To Do

Spoiler

Spoiler

To begin, you will teleport to Green Dragons, through the money-making interface https://gyazo.com/35d061317ce23aa46b319e8011c88a78?token=37355f883132d879ae48e200dddeb372

While teleporting in you should turn on, Protect Item & Augury (or Mystic Might), you will then run south and prepare to TB anyone that is there, if no one is there you will run north to the Ankou daily location and TB anyone that is there, if still there is no one (#DEADWILDY), you will teleport to the Lava/Frost Dragon daily through the money-making interface, and if no one is there you will go through the portal to the Revenant Cave, and run through there looking for players, if still, you find no one, teleport to Vet'ion, and if no one is there, you will run south teleport out, teleport to Callisto, run south to Venenatis, and if no-one is there, teleport out and then to Chaos Elemental, if no one is there run inside, Rogue's Castle and check the chest, then run to the obelisk and teleport down to teleport out.

Now heres what to do on the SLIM chance you encounter another player, you will teleblock and entangle them immediately if they're praying mage when your TB lands you will have 2:30 to kill them before they can teleport (assuming they're below 30 with a MaxCape/Tab or 20 if they just use spellbook), if they aren't praying mage when your TB lands you will have 5:00 to kill them before they can teleportyour best chance to kill them is to try catch a big bolt off prayer (30+) then turn on Piety and spec them.

What To Do if you encounter Batty or Roger

• Like 4

Nice guide.

Feels helpfull for people that do wanna comp but aren't used to pking, i like the gear recomendations aswell.

always good seeing the people that get hate for what they do still help others out.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the nice guide dude, any idea how I can risk almost nothing without looking like a dirtbag? Bit short on cash and items ATM. I'll most likely do those last, anyway.

I think a guide like this fills a very important void, and is in dire need. I told a friend of mine who was going for comp that there are PKing achievements the other day, and choice quotes include 'Oh fuck', 'Whoever thought that was a good idea is toxic as fuck' and 'That's insane.....  and seems quite impossible'.

tl;dr: Nice guide.

Edited by The Infernix
added a tl;dr